Sunday, October 24, 2010

Halloween Costumes

(I apologize ahead of time for the terrible pictures. You deserve better.  I promise I will post better ones soon!)


I decided that since it is only one week from Halloween, I needed to figure out some costumes for my kiddos.  My amazing hubby kept them busy and out of my craft room  kitchen while I worked. 
Eight hours and a few minor frustrations later, and this is what I ended up with.

Peter Pan
  I made a shirt, pants, belt, hat, and sword for my lil' guy
I have a confession to make though
These aren't the pants I made.  These are some capri length leggings that were in my daughter's closet.  The pants turned out to be a little smaller than I had planned...long-story-short, I screwed up.  I stitched the wrong part, and trimmed it in hopes of salvaging it (fail).  I didn't buy enough fabric for screw ups, so, he will now be rockin' his sister's pants. 
You go B man. You can wear girls' pants if you want.

Tinkerbell

While I am happy with the final results, this fabric is no longer allowed near my sewing machine. 
She thinks this fabric is candy and tries to eat it. 
This makes for some frustrations for me and makes me want to say words that I shouldn't say.  With that being said, it fits my daughter and makes her twirl and jump and flit about like a cute little fairy. 
 I think that means she likes it. 
She doesn't see the imperfections and fristrations, she just loves that I made her a Tink costume! That's what it's all about after all.  For this I made a leotard, skirt, tutu, hair clip, and a "magic" wand.

Ashley over at Make It and Love It made these costumes for her adorable kiddos last year.  She put up fantastic tutorials for them here for Peter Pan and here for Tinkerbell.  I am a beginner when it comes to sewing, and if I can do this, anyone can!  Ashley makes her tutorials so easy to follow, and great for people like me who are learning to sew!  Thank you for the tutorials Ashley!

Today I am thankful for my couch...it has never felt so good as it does now! I'm worn out!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

super cute and awesome job!!! loving your blog!

Angie said...

Thank you, Mandy! :)