Sunday, May 23, 2010

I love flowers.


I believe I have a new found addiction.  Flowers.  I love flowers.  I have always liked them and noticed them around town, but here lately, I swear I hunt for them.  When I go anywhere, it seems that all I notice is the lack of flowers or the abundance of flowers at each house.  I think it is because this was the first year that we were able to plant them.  Last year we transplanted some day lilies from my parents' house, but other than that, we are flower newbies.  When we take the kiddos on a walk, I seriously think all that Steven and I discuss is people's landscaping and choice of flowers.  I just love them!  Thankfully, so does he!  Anyways, a friend of mine had mentioned doing a flower pot craft at our all-night craft night.  We ended up doing some other crafts, and made the CUTEST bloom bags, which you guessed it, have FLOWERS on them! :)  My friend Ashley over at Me & You + 2 showed us how to make them, and I love mine!  I had already bought my clay flower pots and paint for craft night on Friday, and since we didn't get to them, I spent today working on them, along with some other projects.  I just took some cheap clay pots from Wal-Mart, some Krylon indoor/outdoor spray paint, a Krylon Can Gun, and some outdoor vinyl and came up with these.  I'm so happy with how they turned out!  I looove me some spray paint!  Heck, I love paint in general.


This pillow is what inspired my color choices on my flower pots. I love this little pillow!


I forgot to get a before picture, but the pots were sooo plain before I painted them.  I used Ivy Leaf, Cherry Red, and Baumaus Gold Krylon Indoor Outdoor paint.  That little gun in front is a life finger saver.  After painting our Adirondack chair with 3 cans of paint, my hand looked like that of a Smurf's, and my finger and forearm were sore from pressing the sprayer on the can.  I came across that gun at JoAnn's and grabbed it. I'm SO glad that I did.  Best $3 I've spent in a long time!


After patiently waiting on the paint to dry, I got out my Cricut and got to work figuring out which fonts I wanted to use.  I knew I wanted "flower" in different languages, but I wasn't sure what fonts I wanted.  After playing with my SCAL for a little bit, I decided on Unnamed Melody, Rage, and Anke Calligraphic.  I'm really happy with the results!


This one I did in French, and is in Unnamed Melody font. This is definitly one of my favorite fonts.


I think this one may be my favorite of the three pots.  I LOVE this font!  It is called Rage.  It was tedious peeling off the excess vinyl, but SO worth the result!!  I have lots of ideas in mind to use this font for!


This lil guy is in Italian, and the font is Anke Calligraphic.

  I hope everyone has had a safe and blessed weekend!  Thanks for stopping by and being interested in the junk I make! Much love to ya!

 

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Wow!! cool idea!! Very neat! I wish I had a cricut!

Ashley Allen said...

Love them!!!

Kenzie said...

These are fantastic! I love them, the colors and font are perfect! Thank you for the visit earlier! I would love to see pics if you make a posty/hanger thing!

Unknown said...

Who doesn’t like flowers? It’s a good thing my mother has a green thumb which is why she was able to grow beautiful flowers of different kinds in our garden. Hmm. I might suggest that she also label pots like you.

-Willis Quigg