Monday, October 18, 2010

Caramel Dipping Sauce


I came across the most HEAVENLY caramel sauce recipe.
It's smooth...it's creamy...it's decadent...it's DELICIOUS.
And I couldn't wait to share it with you! :)

I found this recipe here over at HowDoesShe.  It takes about 10 minutes total to make, and I was able to whip it up with things I already had on hand.  

*Warning...only make this if you don't have a problem with losing all self control and drinking it straight from the jar.  It's really that good. Not that I drank it from the jar...but I only made it about 10 minutes ago.  Who knows what could happen!

Here's the recipe:
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
1/3 c butter (the reall stuff, like Land o' lakes)
1/2 c corn syrup
2/3 c whipping cream

Mix sugars, syrup, & butter in a medium sauce pan.  Bring to a boil over medium heat (this will take about 5-6 minutes) stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes. 
Stir in whipping cream.
Pour into jar and refrigerate.
The sauce will thicken as it chills.

Today I am thankful I'm training for a 1/2 marathon.  I will need it with this sauce around!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

oh gosh...this looks good, too!! That's it. I'm following you :)