Friday, September 17, 2010

Laptop Cover


We got a new laptop earlier this year and haven't wanted to spend the money on a new case.

We're cheap like that.
Or maybe it's because it's a jumbo laptop and the covers are expensive.  Or maybe it's having 2 kids and 1 job...

Anyways, we are taking our laptop on our roadtrip with us, and it had no case.
What's a girl to do?

Make one!

I few months ago I came across this one over at Crap I've Made. (I LOVE her blog name, btw. Hilarious. She must have a fabulous sense of humor!)
Her cover was adorable, but I knew I wanted mine a little different.  I did the front like hers, only moved the gathered strip down a bit.  There wasn't any improving on her design...it was too cute for improvement!
 I made my flower a bit different, as well.
I wanted the back to have a pocket for the charger and any usb cables I'd be taking along.  (Once a month, I take it and my Cricut...along with a million cables...to a craft day with friends)
I did the pocket like I did the little pockets here on my camera strap covers.
I also wanted a velcro closure instead of a zipper. 
I also wanted a soft minky for the lining.
Oh man is this stuff soft.  The lady at our little fabric store freaked me out about it, telling me it was nearly impossible to work with since it is so stretchy. 
But, it was cake. 
I. was. relieved.

The only minky they had was red at the fabric store, which inspired the color scheme for the whole thing, and I'm in love.

LOVE.  Damask, black, white, red...I love that combo.

My laptop does, too. She's happy in there!







8 comments:

Kenzie said...

This is amazing! The fabric and colors are to die for!

Jen Jensen said...

I am loving this!

The Sewist said...

How wonderful i love it!

I actually started to make one and might just finish it after seeing this :)

I love the way you customized it and i actually like the changes you made thanks for sharing this

Mayya @ Sew Chic and Unique

Ashley Allen said...

Awesome Angie! I want one! You'll have to teach me at Lindsey's house next month! I LOVE your fabric choices too! And I didn't have trouble with sewing minky either.

Anonymous said...

LOVE this! I featured you on my blog! www.simplyhandmadebypaige.blogspot.com

I {heart} Nap Time said...

This turned out SO cute! I want to make one now!

Mindy said...

I love this! I too got a laptop earlier this year and want to make a sleeve for mine. Thanks for the inspiration.

manoj singh said...

This is really beautiful cover I have ever seen and now I am going to make same cover but in different style.laptop covers