Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I love cute little pouches.

So, I have been sewing a LOT lately, and I am really starting to fall in love with it more and more each time I make something.  A couple of months ago I made these clutches and finally got around to making another one a few days ago.  I had been drooling on my laptop while cruising through browsing through The Pleated Poppy, and came across her zippered pouches and sunglasses cases.  I LOVE Lindsey's fabric choices and everything she comes up with. She is adorable and uber creative! (Her kids are pretty datgum cute, too!)  After making the clutches for our trip, I had the confidence to give it a whirl and figure out how to make a knock-off of her zippered pouch and sunnie case that I had fallen in love with.

Here is what I ended up with!

MMMMM ruffles. I love ruffles. We've covered that before though.
I decided to throw caution to the wind and give boxing the corners a try. It was fun, easy, and added some dimension and umph to my little clutch! I'm so glad I didn't chicken out and gave it a try.
I added a d-ring because, well I don't know why. But I added it.  I ended up making a little wristlet to match on a little clip so I can have it if I want to carry it on it's own, and can take it off if I use it as a little pouch inside of my purse to house little tonka trucks and cheerios. Yes, that's really what I carry in my purse.
The lining is also boxed (it would be silly otherwise) and matches the ruffles.
Sunglass case to match
I actually made this, and the clutch to match, but who cares...
They slide right in and are protected from tonka truck collisions.
I hope Lindsey doesn't mind me making something based on her creations! I just love her work!  She inspires me so much. 

Today I am thankful that my friend, Shellie, exposed me to sewing earlier this year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! You are so talented! emily-judson.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

those are awesome!! Did you really just start sewing this year?? How did you learn?

FlyAwayHome said...

Love the ruffles!

jen said...

Oh my goodness I love your creations...I just started sewing and I'm taking classes now and would love how to make these...
Do you have a pattern on these? How could I figure out how to make them? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.
hugs,jen
jennyscards.com