Monday, March 28, 2011

Time flies.

Our sweet baby turned 2 last week.
wow.  Where did the time go?

We had a birthday party Saturday with our families and celebrated the lil monster!

It all started when I found the cutest little monster diy party pack on etsy from Totful Memories.  I came across it, and knew I had to have it!  I bought it, emailed her a picture of my lil dude and the information I needed, and a couple of days later I had 61 pages of goodies, invitations and decorations to use for the party.  I decided that I didn't want to go through a lot of ink on my home computer, so I sent it to a print shop here in town and had them do the work for me!  (I had a ton of stuff printed and ran out of time before everyone got there and didn't get it all out. Fail.)  I highly recommend her products.  The stuff was absolutely adorable, and there was a TON of it!!  Thanks Tania! 

(picture alert-there are a ton of pictures coming! I just can't halp myself...I love em.)





Fruit and the BEST Caramel Popcorn (I leave out the nuts and cinnamon)

Strawberry Punch (recipe to come)

Chocolate cake with buttercream filling, rich chocolate frosting (SO delicious-btw), and marshmallow fondant.
I traced the monsters off of my computer screen from the package from Totful Memories. I cut them out, layed them on the fondant, and used an exacto knife to cute them out.  I cut out the letters on my Cricut with SCAL on cardstock and did the same with those.  The stripes were simply strips of fondant. For tips on cake making and fondant, check out the Make-a-Cake Series at Make it and Love it.


Homemade Playdough party favors










Today I am thankful for our sweet baby boy.  Our family just wouldn't be complete without him!




2 comments:

Please leave COMMENTS! said...

Just Amazing!!! Looks like a great success!!!

Unknown said...

What a fabulous party! He looks like he had a blast :) Thanks for including the Etsy link, I'm going to check it out!