Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Grandparent's Day Gifts

Did you see the Friendship Board that Alison over at HowDoesShe made?

I love everything she makes.
Her stuff is adorable.

Grandparent's day was Sunday, and when I saw her friend board, I knew it would be perfect for grandparents!  Gifts from the heart (especially handmade ones) are, in my mind, the best!
I called my sister and asked her to ask her girls what they think of when they think of my parents.

This one was for my parents:


This one was for my in-laws.
I then started laying out words in SCAL that describe them, starting with Grandparents, Nana, and Deedaw (or Papa and Cici). I added in grandkids names, and started resizing stuff and moving it around until I found a layout I liked.
(They have the cutest fonts...find them here and here!)

Drill holes in the top corners, run your wire through, and curl it for the hanger.
I cut 4 flowers out of cardstock...2 large, 1 medium, and 1 small for each board. I used my fingers to curl the edges up a bit, and glued the layers together.
Then I stuck a blob of glue (clear-drying glue) in the center and poured small beads on it.
I gently pressed the beads into the glue, and glued the flower onto the board.

My parents and in-laws really enjoyed reading the words that we came up with to describe them!

Today I am thankful that I grew up in the same town as all 4 of my grandparents, and 2 of my great grandparents. Family is so precious to me!



P.S. Our baby boy is doing wonderfully! Thank you to each of you for the kind words, thoughts, and prayers!  It means so much to us!

2 comments:

Kenzie said...

So cute! I didn't even know there was a Grandparents Day. What a bad granddaughter I am!

Kara said...

Your Mom posted this the picture of this gift on her facebook!! It is so precious,love it. Not sure what is going on with your little one, but I am so glad he is doing okay!! Praying for his continued healing:)